Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Doing the Research

Cloth diapering has become more trendy in recent years, and as a result, there are almost too many options to choose.  I know I felt overwhelmed when I began researching.  I found not only multiple types and brands, but also most moms claiming that their method is the best way to cloth diaper.  I have since realized that everyone has a system that works best for their family.  Additionally, a system that works well for a child may not properly fit as the child grows older or for another child.  Therefore, it's so important to keep an open mind and be bold enough to try out different methods as you go along.

I did my research from a variety of places, including on-line blogs, brick and mortar stores (you can find cloth diaper stores in most large cities), Amazon reviews, and YouTube.  Of course, talking to other moms to hear their experience is great, too.  Once I had an idea of the basic types of diapers, I found YouTube videos to be the most useful in helping me to narrow down my options.  Hundreds of videos have been made by stay-at-home moms comparing various diapers to one another.  You can basically type in to the search field which diapers you are considering and can see an interactive video weighing the pros and cons of each.  It's nice to see them in action on the videos.

You should come out of the research stage knowing the different types of diapers and which brands you prefer.  These topics are so large they have their own posts.

How much research did you do before buying your diapers?  Where did you find the to be the best sources of information?

No comments:

Post a Comment